Monday, September 16, 2024

UB alum Joe Andreessen named in Buffalo Bills 53-man roster

‘Buffalo Joe’ realizes his boyhood dream

<p>Joe Andreessen playing for UB in 2023 / Joe Koshollek&nbsp;</p>

Joe Andreessen playing for UB in 2023 / Joe Koshollek 

Former UB Bulls linebacker Joe Andreessen was recently named in the Buffalo Bills initial 53-man roster following an impressive showing in the NFL preseason. He was originally left undrafted in the 2024 draft but was signed by the Bills last May after a successful rookie tryout.

The 6-foot-1 Depew, New York native initially spent the first five years of his collegiate career with the Bryant Bulldogs, where he earned All-America honors and finished his stint with the third most tackles in Bryant history at 256. He transferred to Buffalo for his graduate year, where he started all 12 games of the 2023 season and led the Bulls in tackles that year with 90.

Andreessen showed his talents in the Bills’ preseason matchups against the Pittsburgh Steelers and Carolina Panthers. He solidified his spot on the roster after recording 12 tackles against the Steelers, and eight more against the Panthers.

Looking ahead to the 2024 regular season, ‘Buffalo Joe’ looks to keep his newfound momentum going as long as he can. “I’ve been working my whole life for this,” Andreessen said in an interview with WKBW. “I’ve sacrificed a lot of time towards football, it’s been a blessing and hopefully it continues.”

Rodrigo Feijão is the assistant sports editor and can be reached at rodrigo.feijao@ubspectrum.com