Saturday, September 07, 2024

Bravo to Bravo! Cucina Italiana

Bravo! Cucina Italiana is a new Italian restaurant at the Galleria Mall. Located next to the Cheese Cake Factory, Bravo! opened over the summer, and offers an excellent combination of both finer dining and casual chain qualities.

The inside resembles a Roman ruin d?(c)cor with tall white pillars crumbling at their tops, and wallpaper with a peel-away design that transitions from a cemented look to a brick wall.

The ruin d?(c)cor is mixed in with a classy traditional theme. There are large champagne-colored chandelier domes, classic pictures scattered throughout the restaurant, a few exotic plants and an open kitchen with checkered bordering.

Tables are covered with white cloth accompanied by modern chairs and booths that give the perfect space for dining; not too cramped, not too distant. There is also outdoor seating on the sidewalk in front and "outdoor" seating that goes into the wing of the mall.

The bar is extremely modern, with liquor bottles stacked along the wall and lights illuminating them from behind, refracting various colors from the bottles for an interesting light decoration. Customers have the option of sitting at the actual bar or to sitting at a lengthy island bar nearby. Both have a classy, New York nightlife atmosphere.

The weekday waiting length is nearly non-existent, especially during lunch hours, which is particularly convenient for the shopper looking for a quick, relaxing meal.

The top-notch atmosphere is easily matched in perfection by the food. Bravo! has food choices that range from traditional and simple to exotic and intricate.

As a free appetizer, customers receive Italian bread and a dish of oil and spices for dipping. In addition to bread and oil, there are the traditional appetizer options of artichoke and spinach dip or bruschetta with mushrooms. There are also the more adventurous appetizers, such as the crispy shrimp napoli, which is fried shrimp with napoli sauce or calamari fritti - a light, battered and fried calamari served with aioli and marinara.