Albright-Knox Gallery collaborates with Google Arts and Culture

Pieces and collections now accessible all over the world

<p>The Albright-Knox Art Gallery announced a recent collaboration with Google Arts and Culture, allowing access to a multitude of works from the gallery to be viewable online.</p>

The Albright-Knox Art Gallery announced a recent collaboration with Google Arts and Culture, allowing access to a multitude of works from the gallery to be viewable online.

The Albright-Knox Art Gallery now has seventy-six masterwork pieces available online in high definition in a collaboration with Google Arts and Culture. Some of the pieces taken from the gallery include Orange, Red, Yellow by Mark Rothko and La maison de La Crau by Vincent Van Gogh.

The museum allows users all over the world to explore some of the gallery’s pieces, viewable through a virtual exhibition open to all on the Google Arts and Culture site, according to a press release.

Google Arts and Culture is a web-based system that allows viewers to access some of the pieces of artwork through collaborations between Google and partner museums. The software allows users to take virtual tours of galleries and museums, examine physical and general information of the artwork as well as employ a walk-through feature taken from Google’s Street View software seen on other platforms such as Google Maps.

Brian Evans is the asst. arts editor and can be reached at brian.evans@ubspectrum.comand @BrianEvansSpec.

BRIAN EVANS

Brian Evans is a senior English major and The Spectrum's senior arts editor.

brian.jpg